Saturday, May 26, 2012

First dance recital

Well we made it to the first dance recital! At rehearsal the night before I wasn't sure if she was going to go through with it. Scooter was in the audience and he said he could hear Addie backstage crying and saying "I want my daddy!" but when the curtain went up she did every move of the dance! Go girl!

The night of the recital she was actually more excited to see her cousin Kaci and her grandparents than she was about the recital. We had a mini meltdown after she got up from her nap. She said she didn't want to go, but once I dragged her there and got her in costume she felt like a rock-star and was ready to go. She and all her little friends posed together.... Sort of reminded me of getting ready for a dance in high school :)

When the curtain went up she was so good! I mean seriously the best one out there. I was a little worries about her dad though. He kept yelling at people in the audience to move during the dance.... Not that I blame him. They shouldn't be up during the dances. You wait all year for a two minute dance.....you really want to see the whole thing!

She was so happy when it was done! Me too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment